When you own a laser cutter, before using it, the operator should read this tutorial to understand how to operate a laser cutting machine safely and correctly.
After mastering the specific operation steps and methods of the laser cutting system, you can use it to cut better projects, and upgrade your business.
How Does A Laser Cutter Work?
The laser is formed by atomic excitation emission and resonance amplification. After the laser is focused, it hits the material and rapidly increases the temperature of the material to melt or vaporize it. With the relative movement of the laser and the material, a cut is formed on the material for the purpose of cutting.
How To Inspect A Laser Cutter Before Starting?
- Check whether the water temperature of the laser and water cooler is normal.
- Check that the gas pressure meets the requirements.
- Check whether the exhaust fan, air dryer and industrial water chiller work normally.
- Check the focusing lens for contamination. The CO2 laser generator directly pulls out the lens for observation. After running for half an hour, the fiber laser generator can feel whether the temperature of the focusing lens shell is abnormal by hand, and then turn on the machine after ensuring that there is no abnormality.
How To Operate A Laser Cutting Machine?
1. Hardware Operation
The operation of the hardware part mainly focuses on the focusing part, which is very important. Although the factory has already adjusted the focal length when the machine leaves the factory, there will inevitably be deviations during use. At this time, we can choose to find the manufacturer for after-sales, but it may take a long time, so it is very important to learn to adjust the focus.
2. Software Operation
In the software part of the laser cutting machine, because the materials to be cut are different and the sizes are different, different parameters need to be set. The parameter settings of this part generally need to be set by professional personnel, and it may take a lot of time to explore by yourself. Therefore, the settings of the parameter part should be recorded when the manufacturer conducts training.
If you have learned about the acquisition channels of laser cutting templates, you have also mastered how to choose laser-cut materials. Next, please press the power button of your laser cutting machine, let us enter the exciting practical part, start setting parameters, operate the machine, and truly experience the charm of laser creation.
Step 1: Fix the material to be cut on the laser cutting table.
Step 2: According to the material and thickness of the metal plate, adjust the equipment parameters accordingly.
Step 3: Select the proper lens and nozzle and check it for integrity and cleanliness before starting the machine.
Step 4: Adjust the focal length. Adjust the cutting head to the proper focus position.
Step 5: Check and adjust the nozzle centering.
Step 6: Calibration of cutting head sensor.
Step 7: Select a suitable cutting gas and check whether it is in good condition.
Step 8: Try cutting the material. After cutting, check whether the cutting end face is smooth and check the cutting accuracy. If there are any errors, please adjust the equipment parameters accordingly until the requirements are proven.
Step 9: Convert the designed pattern into a laser-cut file and import it into the laser cutting system.
Step 10: Adjust the position of the laser head and start cutting.
Step 11: During the operation, the staff must be in the whole site and carefully observe the cutting situation. If an emergency occurs and a quick response is required, press the emergency stop button.
Step 12: Check the cutting quality and accuracy of the first sample. Pay attention to check the size of auxiliary gas and gas pressure. If the gas is insufficient, it needs to be replaced in time.
How To Turn Off A Laser Cutter Machine?
- Cut off the power supply of the chiller and turn off the laser generator.
- Turn off the control system.
- Turn off the power of the laser cutting machine.
- Close all gas cylinders and valves, and turn off the air compressor and air dryer.
- Turn off the main power supply, all air switches and regulated power supplies.
- Close the nozzle of the cutting head to prevent dust in the air from entering the focusing lens.
- Check and clean up the laser machine and the surrounding environment to eliminate potential safety hazards.
- Start the machine in strict accordance with the switch sequence to prevent the electrical components of the machine from burning out.
- It is strictly forbidden to start the machine with wet hands to prevent electric shock.
- When the liquefied gas is turned on, do not face the air outlet directly to prevent frostbite. When operating, wear antifreeze gloves. Smoking near the gas is prohibited in the workshop to prevent fire.
- Confirm the material type, material thickness and material size when cutting.
- After calling the program and adjusting the cutting parameters, simulate the cutting program to ensure that the cutting program is correct before executing the cutting program.
- When operating the machine, it is necessary to close the radiation protection door of the machine.
- Wear radiation protection glasses during operation. It is strictly forbidden to look directly at the cutting sparks with the naked eye during the cutting process, otherwise the eyes will be stabbed.
- Non-professionals are forbidden to open the laser housing to prevent electric shock.
- It is strictly forbidden for the operator to leave the workplace when operating the machine.
- During the operation, if the part rotates and needs to be dealt with, the program should be paused, the magnification should be set to “0”, and the light should be turned off before entering the machine work area to deal with the fault. When the operator is dealing with the fault, no one is allowed to enter the machine work area to operate.
In order to ensure the personal safety of the operator and the reliable operation of the laser cutting machine, prolong the service life of the equipment and improve the laser-cut quality of the product, we must strictly abide by the safety operation rules.